Terms and Conditions for Volunteer Participation in the Hands On Tokyo
Article 1. (General Terms)
These Terms and Conditions (these “Terms”) set forth the matters, etc. to be complied with by all volunteers (“the Volunteers”) who apply for and participate in volunteering for the Hands On Tokyo (“the Volunteering”).
Article 2. (Compliance with these Terms, etc.)
In applying for and participating in the Volunteering, the Volunteers shall comply with these Terms and any other rules to be complied with by all Volunteers, as prescribed by Hands On Tokyo.
Article 3. (Compliance with Laws and Regulations)
In applying for and participating in the Volunteering, the Volunteers shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Article 4. (Smoking and Alcohol, etc.)
1. During any activity related to the Volunteering, the Volunteers must not smoke and drink alcohol nor participate in the Volunteering Activities under the influence of alcohol.
[2. With regard to smoking during the Volunteer Activities, the Volunteers shall comply with the relevant rules prescribed by Hands On Tokyo to ensure the smooth operation of the Hands On Tokyo Activities.]【There was no description in Japanese.】
Article 5. (Prohibited Acts)
In addition to the other acts prohibited in these Terms, the Volunteers shall not engage in any of the following acts:
(i) Inviting any Volunteers, recipients of the Volunteering, partners, or other Hands On Tokyo-related parties, etc. (“the People Concerned”) to be involved in any activity that has no relation to the Hands On Tokyo;
(ii) Unlawfully borrowing or accepting money and valuables or accepting benefits of entertainment from a third party, for oneself or for a third party, in connection with the Volunteer Activities;
(iii) Engaging in violence, intimidation, defamation or any similar act against the People Concerned;
(iv) Eliciting personal information from the People Concerned against their intention;
(v) Carrying away any supplies or distributed goods, etc. used for the operation of the Volunteering and other activities of Hands On Tokyo (including any unused items), without the permission of Hands On Tokyo;
(vi) Engaging in any act conflicted with public order or morals; or
(vii) Any other act that Hands On Tokyo considers will hinder the smooth operation of the Volunteering, or will be a nuisance to the People Concerned.
Article 6. (Prohibition of Discriminatory Words and Acts, etc.)
1. The Volunteers shall not use or engage in any discriminatory words or acts against the People Concerned, based on their age, race, social status, nationality, mental and physical abilities, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, values, or other personal characteristics.
2. The Volunteers shall not engage in any power harassment, sexual harassment or any other harassment (i.e. an act that may cause mental distress or physical pain, or an act that may deteriorate the working environment of the Volunteers) against the People Concerned
Article 7. (Understanding Diversity and Inclusion)
In applying for and participating in the Volunteering, the Volunteers shall understand the philosophy of “Diversity & Inclusion” (i.e. diversity and comprehensiveness/inclusiveness). The Volunteers shall respect the differences among individuals, such as age, race, social status, nationality, mental and physical abilities, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, values, etc., and work together and cooperate with human resources who have various values and abilities.
Article 8. (Prohibition of Arriving Late and Leaving Early)
In principle, the Volunteers shall comply with the prescribed time schedule for orientation and training sessions and other Volunteer Activities. If arriving late or leaving early is necessary due to an unavoidable circumstance, the Volunteers shall promptly inform a volunteer leader or the other person, who was separately prescribed by Hands On Tokyo, pursuant to as separately prescribed by Hands On Tokyo.
Article 10. (Identity Verification)
In the application for and participation in the Volunteering, Hands On Tokyo may verify the identity of the Volunteers as considered necessary by Hands On Tokyo. The Volunteers shall cooperate in such identification.
Article 11. (Confidentiality)
The Volunteers shall not disclose or divulge, or use for any purpose other than the Volunteering, any personal information, confidential information or any other information that he/she may obtain in relation to the Volunteering.
Article 12. (Elimination of Anti-Social Forces)
1. The Volunteers represent that not be an organised crime group, a member of an organised crime group (or a person for whom five years have not passed since ceasing to be an organized crime group member), quasi-member of an organised crime group, a company related to an organised crime group, an extortionist threatening to disrupt shareholder meetings, a group engaging in criminal activities under the pretext of conducting social activism, a special intelligence crime group, a member of a group that is likely to engage in terrorism or other criminal activities, a terrorist, etc. (including if suspected as such), or any other similar person (collectively, “Anti-Social Forces”), and covenant not to join any Anti-Social Forces.
2. The Volunteers covenant not to have any inappropriate relations with Anti-Social Forces, such as using any Anti-Social Forces, being involved in the maintenance or operation of any Anti-Social Forces, or having a relationship with Anti-Social Forces that should be socially condemned.
3. There may be instances where Hands On Tokyo will inquire with governmental agencies, etc. regarding information which the Volunteers submit to the Hands On Tokyo concerning the applicants for the Volunteering to ensure the security of the Hands On Tokyo.
Article 13. (Prohibition of Activities)
1. The Volunteers shall discontinue the Volunteer Activities if he/she:
(i) have contracted an infectious disease that is likely to communicate infectious agents to others;
(ii) have come to suffer from a heart, kidney, lung or another disease that is likely to considerably worsen by engaging in the Volunteer Activities; or
(iii) have otherwise come to suffer from a disease, etc., with which engagement in work is restricted under the Infectious Diseases Act or any other applicable laws or regulations.
However, the foregoing Item (i) shall not apply when the Hands On Tokyo determines that there is no risk of infection for those listed in item (i).
2. Notwithstanding the preceding clause, the Volunteers shall discontinue or cancel the Volunteer Activities if Hands On Tokyo considers the mental or physical condition, etc. of the Volunteers to be unsuitable for the Volunteer Activities.
Article 14. (Use of Mobile Phones, Smart Phones, etc. and Social Media during Activities)
With regard to the use of mobile phones, smart phones, cameras, etc. (including, without limitation, taking photos and videos, and recording sounds) and the publication and posting of any information relating to the Volunteering on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs, electronic bulletin boards, video sharing sites and other social media before or after the Volunteer Activities while the Volunteers are engaged in the Volunteer Activities, the Volunteers shall comply with the rules separately prescribed by Hands On Tokyo.
Article 15. (Rights relating to Volunteer Activities)
All rights in and to any product, etc. created through the Volunteer Activities shall belong to Hands On Tokyo.
Article 16. (Image Rights)
The Volunteers consent that his/her image may be contained in the videos, photographs, etc. that are taken during the Volunteer Activities. Hands On Tokyo may, to the extent necessary, use such videos, photographs, etc. in relation to the Hands On Tokyo Activities, including on the official website of the Hands On Tokyo, for the venue decorations, or other projects intended for Volunteers.
Article 17. (No Payment of Money or Provision of Benefit)
Hands On Tokyo shall not make any payment or provide any benefit to the Volunteers, except as specifically prescribed by Hands On Tokyo in the relevant recruitment terms, etc.
Article 18. (Management of Personal Items)
The Volunteers shall be responsible for managing his/her own valuables and other personal items while the Volunteers are engaged on the Volunteer Activities, and Hands On Tokyo shall not be responsible for any loss, theft, etc. thereof.
Article 19. (Refusal or Cancellation of Registration/Participation)
If any of the following circumstances apply to the Volunteers, Hands On Tokyo may refuse or cancel the Volunteers’ registration or participation in the Volunteering:
(i) The Volunteers make a request to withdraw from participating in the Volunteering;
(ii) The Volunteers commit any act in breach of these Terms or any other rules prescribed by Hands On Tokyo;
(iii) The Volunteers commit any act that is considerably detrimental to the teamwork of other Volunteers or any other Hands On Tokyo-related parties;
(iv) The Volunteers commit any act that damages the image of the Hands On Tokyo Activities;
(v) The Volunteers are determined that not have fulfilled the application requirements for the Voluntee Activities by the Hands On Tokyo;
(vi) Any matter reported by the Volunteers at the time of his/her application for the Volunteering is found to be false;
(vii) The Volunteers are found to have been a minor at the time of application for the Volunteering and submitted such application without obtaining consent from a person having parental authority or a person acting as a minor’s guardian; or
(viii) Hands On Tokyo otherwise considers the Volunteers to be unsuitable for the Volunteering.
Article 20. (Report and Communication, etc.)
1. If a problem (including but not limited to an accident or a disaster, etc.) arises while the Volunteers are engaged pn the Volunteer Activities, the Volunteers shall promptly report to Hands On Tokyo and act in accordance with the instructions given by Hands On Tokyo.
2. Whenever it is inappropriate for the Volunteers to answer or address at his/her own discretion any question or demand received from the People Concerned, the Volunteers shall refer the matter to a person capable of duly responding to or addressing the question or demand.
Article 21. (Insurance Coverage)
1. Hands On Tokyo will obtain insurance wherein all the Volunteers engaging in the Volunteer Activities shall be designated as insureds (without any personal financial burden on the part of the Volunteers). In obtaining such insurance, the Volunteers consent that Hands On Tokyo will provide the insurance company with the Volunteers’ personal information to the extent necessary.
2. In the event the Volunteers sustain an injury, etc. as a result of any accident, etc. arising while the Volunteers are engaged Activities, Hands On Tokyo will take measures within the coverage of the insurance for the Volunteers Activities; provided, however, that such insurance coverage shall be based on the terms and conditions of the insurance, and the Volunteers may not be covered by such insurance if the Volunteers fail to comply with the instructions given by Hands On Tokyo or is found to have acted improperly.
3. The Volunteers residing outside of Japan is strongly recommended to obtain, on his/her own behalf, insurance, etc. in the country where he/she resides (i.e. insurance to cover expenses, such as medical treatment expenses and/or repatriation expenses necessary for the Volunteers to be sent back to his/her home country, in the event of an injury sustained in an accident, etc. arising during the Volunteers Activities), in addition to the insurance to be obtained by Hands On Tokyo.
Article 22. (Scope of Hands On Tokyo’s Liability)
1. With regard to any damage caused to the Volunteers in connection with the Volunteering, Hands On Tokyo shall not be responsible for providing compensation to the Volunteers beyond the scope of the insurance coverage set forth in the preceding Article and legally sufficient cause, except where such damage has been caused through the wilful intent or gross negligence of Hands On Tokyo.
2. Hands On Tokyo shall not be responsible for any trouble that may arise between the Volunteers.
Article 23. (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
1. The formation, effect, performance and interpretation of these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
2. Any dispute arising out of or in relation to these Terms or the Volunteers Activities shall be submitted to the Tokyo Summary Court or the Tokyo District Court as the agreed exclusive court of first instance, according to the amount of the relevant claim.
Article 24. (Other)
Hands On Tokyo shall duly determine and decide on any matter that is not specifically set forth in these Terms.
Article 25. (Modifications)
1. Hands On Tokyo may modify these Terms at any time. The modified Terms shall take effect upon a notice of such modifications being given to the Volunteers (such notice to be made as prescribed by Hands On Tokyo).
2. If the Volunteers register for participation or continue to participate in the Volunteering after a notice of modifications is given to him/her in accordance with the preceding clause, the Volunteers shall be deemed to have given consent to the modified Terms.
Article 26. (Surviving Clauses)
Articles 2, 5 through 7, 9, 11, 14 through 16, 21 through 26 shall survive even after the end of the Hands On Tokyo Activities.
Established on 1 November 2019